Preserving Your Car’s Paint Job
Automobile paint has come a long way in recent years thanks to advances in paint technology and application techniques. Still, no paint job is indestructible. That being said, there are things you can to do to protect your car’s paint job from the elements and keep your ride looking like it just rolled off the showroom for many years to come. Here are some quick tips:
- Keep your car parked in a garage or beneath a canopy to protect against UV rays, bird droppings, sap, and other paint hazards
- Wash off bird droppings quickly to protect your paint job from eroding
- If you drive your car anywhere with snow, get regular car washes to remove road salt that can ruse and erode automobile paint
- When washing your car, use cleaning products designed specifically for vehicle use and avoid detergents and dish soaps
- When drying your car, use a fiber cloth towel to avoid scratching the paint
Even with all the prevention in the world, some causes of car paint damage are unavoidable. Fortunately, the auto paint experts at Michael J’s Body Shop in San Jose provide seamless touch-ups thanks to our advanced paint matching process. Visit our auto paint shop in San Jose or call us at 408-279-2070 to learn more about our auto body repair and auto paint services.