Improve Your Comfort With Auto Window Tinting
Car window tinting will improve the comfort of your car by reducing heat and glare. Auto window tinting also increases the privacy and security of your car and can increase its resale value as well. At Michael J’s Body Shop, we have a team of experienced auto technicians specializing in car window tinting in San Jose, CA. If you’re ready to block out the harsh, harmful UV rays that make your car uncomfortable in the summer, we can help you pick out the perfect level of automobile window tinting for your needs, goals, and budget. Call us today to request an estimate for tinted windows or schedule an appointment for auto window tinting.
The Importance of High-Performance Auto Window Tinting
Our high-performance auto window tinting products offer superior protection from harmful UV rays that can give you a sunburn, increase the interior temperature of your car, affect your car’s performance, and cause fading or discoloration of your seats or upholstery. Our auto technicians can install high-performance tinted windows that offer:
- Protection and blockage of up to 99.99% of harmful UV rays.
- Superior heat rejection.
- Added privacy and security.
- Increased style and resale value of your car.
- No interference with electronic signals.
- Improved transparency so your windows look clearer.
- Reduced risk of bubbling, cracks, or discoloration.
What Do Window Tint Percentages Mean?
Car window tinting is measured by visible light transmission levels or VLT. These levels are represented by the percentage of visible light transmitted through the car’s windows. For instance, if you choose a 35% VLT, that means that 35% of visible light will pass through the windows. The lower the percentage, the darker the auto window tinting will be. Many states have regulations about what percentage level you can choose for your tinted windows. Our auto technicians (and law enforcement officers) can test the VLT percentage of your windows using a laser beam that calculates the permeability of the window film.
Review the Benefits of Automobile Window Tinting
- Stay Cool – Auto window tinting blocks heat and UV rays. Your car will maintain a more comfortable temperature, and your car’s air conditioner won’t need to work as hard to cool your car.
- More Privacy – Depending on the level or percentage of your car window tinting, you will increase your privacy in your vehicle. It will be harder for people to see inside your car to get a look at you or your valuables.
- Interior Protection – By blocking the sun, you can protect your car’s interior from heat damage, discoloration, and fading.
- Increased Safety – With the added privacy offered by automobile window tinting, you’ll also increase your safety. People will be less likely to target your car for vandalism, theft, or carjackings as they won’t be able to see inside.
- Blocks UV Rays – Your car’s window tinting can block up to 99.99% of harmful UV rays.
Keep Up With Tinted Windows Maintenance
Once we have completed your automobile window tinting, we will review how to properly care for and maintain your tinted windows. When you care for your windows properly, you extend the lifespan of the auto window tinting, improve its performance, and reduce the risk of complications. Follow these tips for maintaining automobile window tinting:
- Let the Film Fully Dry and Cure – Your car window tinting will require 3-5 days to dry and cure, but sometimes you’ll need to wait up to two weeks. Your tinted windows may look lumpy, bubbled, or hazy during this time. You should not roll your windows down, touch them, or try to push air bubbles out.
- Clean Your Windows Properly – Never use ammonia, abrasive sponges or scrubbers, scrapers, or other chemicals to clean tinted windows. Only use cleaning sprays labeled as ‘safe for tinted windows,’ or use soap, water, and a microfiber towel.
- Expect Black Dots – Most cars have black dots along the edges of the rear windows. These dots are ceramic and thick, preventing the window film from sticking to the area between the dots. Don’t try to pull, press, or stretch the window tinting film to try to get it to adhere to the dots.
Contact Us to Get Your Car Tinted Windows
If you’re ready to learn more about the benefits of tinted windows in San Jose, CA, come see us today. We will review our options for automobile window tinting, our process, and the benefits you’ll enjoy. We offer a wide range of quality, high-performance car window tinting that can improve your car’s privacy, comfort, and safety. We also offer comprehensive auto repair and collision services. Call us today or fill out our online contact form to get started.