Frame Straightening in San Jose, CA
Michael J’s Body Shop Can Restore Your Vehicle
All car accidents can cause damage to your vehicle’s body. Even minor fender benders potentially damage the bones of your car, bending and crushing its frame until it is undrivable. However, all is not lost. When frame damage happens, a trustworthy mechanic who understands the complicated process of frame straightening can help. Michael J’s Body Shop performs collision repair for San Jose, CA vehicle owners each day, helping mend their automobile back to the way it was before their crash. We’re able to do so by combining years of experience with a wholehearted embracing of state-of-the-art technology. As manufacturers have evolved, so have we. If you have been in a car accident, then don’t hesitate to bring your automobile in to see our skilled technicians.
We Have Over 20 Years of Experiencing Straightening Frames
We’ve worked on cars for more than 20 years. Along the way, our family-owned and -operated autobody shop has restored countless automobiles to their former glory. Our reputation for excellence means we operate a high-volume shop, complete with high-end vehicular repair equipment and a large team of committed professionals. You can count on Michael J’s Body Shop due to our core beliefs, which result in stellar customer service and perfect results. We:
- Hire trained and experienced staff members
- Prepare intently for each job and always use the right tools
- Offer a lifetime warranty on all our repairs
How Does Frame Straightening Work?
Our team understands how to realign a damaged frame. More importantly, we know how important your car’s frame is to its ability to get you to and from work or family vacations. We encourage any San Jose, CA resident who was in an automobile accident to bring their vehicle in to see us. The accident might seem minor to you, but our diagnostic equipment will confirm the extent of the damage and whether frame straightening is needed. So, how do we straighten a frame?
- First, we assess the status of your car’s frame by placing it on a platform.
- Then, our team uses diagnostic devices to measure what portions of the frame are out of alignment.
- Next, we determine whether we can realign it and how much the process will cost.
- Lastly, we provide you with an in-depth estimate, which helps you make your decision. Sometimes minor repairs are all we will need to perform.
- If you decide to proceed, we use a hydraulic-powered machine to straighten the frame.
- First, we attach chains to various areas of your car.
- Then, the machine pulls the chains back, allowing our team to make gradual adjustments.
- Once we’ve pulled the frame to its original shape, we’ll be ready to return your vehicle to you.
How Can I Tell if An Accident Bent My Car’s Frame?
You can always bring your vehicle to us if you want an estimate. However, there are some signs your automobile’s frame is off-kilter. If you notice any of these symptoms, you should drive to our location to get an estimate for frame straightening. A bent frame can harm other aspects of your car. More importantly, the frame protects you and those who ride with you during crashes. Bent frames don’t offer the same level of protection. Fortunately, you can keep an eye out for:
- Visible Damage: The easiest things to check for are dents, cracks, creases, or rust on the exterior and bottom of the frame of your vehicle.
- Alignment Issues: Your car should drive straight, even if you momentarily let go of the steering wheel. If it feels like you’re drifting, you’re out of alignment. A bent frame could be the culprit.
- Unusual Noises: Creaking or squeaking noises aren’t normal sounds, and they shouldn’t come from your vehicle’s frame. If they are, bring it to us so we can investigate.
- Uneven Shocks and Suspensions: When a car’s frame is bent, the shocks and suspensions will not wear evenly. If one side of your tire rides poorly on rough roads, but the other does not, you might have frame damage.
- Uneven Tires: Just as with your shocks and suspensions, you need to keep an eye on your tires. Is one side of your vehicle’s tires wearing faster than the other? This shouldn’t happen. If it is, then something may have bent the frame out of shape.
Contact Michael J’s Body Shop to Get Started Today
Most of our clients see us because an accident caused damage to their frame. Michael J’s Body Shop is proud to eliminate one of the biggest annoyances of a post-car accident effectively: Insurance! We’ve worked with every insurance company in the San Jose, CA area. We’re more than capable of ensuring we file the appropriate documentation and deliver satisfactory results to both you and your insurance company. We can do so for all our services, including painting, auto body repair, auto detailing, and dent repair. Contact us today to get started.