Car Repair Process in San Jose
If your car has suffered damage in a collision, an auto body shop can help you get back on the road quickly and safely. At Michael J’s Body Shop, we guarantee complete customer satisfaction and offer lifetime warranties on all auto body repair in San Jose, including auto body paint, dent repair, and auto detail work.
Basic Steps in the Auto Body Repair Process
Understanding the auto body repair process will give you a clearer picture of what happens after you drop your car off at the auto body shop.
1) Assessment & Disassembly: The first step in the auto body repair process is determining the full extent of your vehicle’s damage. During this phase, the components of your car will be disassembled and examined so your auto body mechanic can give you the clearest picture of the damage and what must be done to mitigate it, as well as provide an estimate for the work.
2) Repairs: Once a repair plan has been made, your auto body mechanic will order any parts necessary and complete the repairs outlined on your estimate. This may include replacement or repairs of internal and external components of your car.
3) Paint: After repairs have been completed, the exterior of your vehicle will receive auto body paint to repair cosmetic damage and seamlessly match any new components with the existing body of your car.
4) Reassembly & Auto Detailing: Finally, your car is reassembled and all systems are checked to ensure repairs are complete and each system is functioning properly. Your car will be cleaned and any auto detailing needed is completed so you will receive your car from the auto body shop in beautiful and ready-to-drive condition.
Signs of a Good Auto Body Shop
The most important step in the auto body repair process is choosing a high-quality auto body shop that you can trust. You can reach Michael J’s Body Shop by calling (408) 279-2070 for the answers to your questions about our auto collision center serving San Jose.
- A good auto body shop should also have a good reputation and relationship with vehicle and parts vendors, ensuring your mechanic can get the exact parts he needs quickly and at a good price.
- Your auto body shop should provide you with a written lifetime warranty on all repairs made; this will provide you with peace of mind and complete coverage if you experience any problems with collision repair work in the future.
- Consider the benefits of extra services, such as assistance with rental cars, pick-up and drop-off services, and staff that speaks your native language fluently to ensure the best collision repair experience possible.
- Written lifetime warranty on all collision repairs
- Extended business hours (including Saturday)
- Reduced cycle time
- Cost-effective labor prices
- Free pick-up assistance
- Rental car assistance
- Bilingual capabilities
- Strong partnership with vendors
- Ability to e-mail repair estimates
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed