Rush-hour traffic isn’t just extremely frustrating; it’s incredibly dangerous, as well. While you may think that a trip to your local collision repair shop is the extent of a fender-bender, you can suffer serious head, neck, and back injuries if you are rear-ended in traffic. To help keep you and your car safe, here are a few tips for minimizing the likelihood that you will be rear-ended by another vehicle.
- Always Signal Before Changing Lanes – The best way to avoid being rear-ended in traffic is to give the drivers behind you fair warning of your upcoming maneuvers. If you change lanes without signaling, you run the risk of being rear-ended by an unsuspecting driver. And what’s worse than having to take your car to a body shop for repairs is that you may be held responsible for the accident by not properly signaling.
- Don’t Brake Abruptly – While everyone should adhere to the “three-second rule,” not every driver places adequate distance between themselves and the car in front of them. This means that you should always avoid sudden and abrupt braking when possible. If you are about to miss your exit, take the next off-ramp instead of slamming on your brakes and swerving across traffic. If you do hit your brakes suddenly, don’t be surprised if the car behind you crashes into your rear bumper.
- Avoid Aggressive Drivers – Speaking of the “three-second rule,” if you notice aggressive drivers that are following too closely, safely pull into the lane next to you and let the driver pass. If an aggressive driver is following too closely and you have to brake for some reason, the result could be a high-speed rear-end collision. Accidents such as these typically require extensive collision repair work and may result in a number of painful injuries.
Even being the most precautious drivers in the world can’t guarantee you will avoid being rear-ended. If you are involved in an auto accident, Michael J’s Body Shop can repair your vehicle so you can get back on the road and back to your routine. We provide cutting-edge auto collision repair at our two state-of-the-art body shops in San Jose. Visit our website or call (408) 279-2070 to learn more about our collision repair services.
More than ever, carmakers today are committed to building the safest vehicles possible. It’s no surprise, then, that a considerable amount of resources are spent each year by automotive companies around the world to develop new and innovative car-safety technologies to keep you and your passengers safe.
In this video from ConsumerReports.org, you can get a first-hand look at some of these new car-safety technologies, including automatic braking, pre-crash warning, and blind spot warning systems. But as this video reports, none of these technologies are meant to replace the importance of keeping your eyes firmly planted on the road in front of you.
No amount of car-safety technology can completely prevent automotive collisions. Fortunately, Michael J’s Body Shop in San Jose can repair your vehicle following a crash so you can get back on the road and back to your daily routine. Visit one of our two state-of-the-art body shops in the San Jose or call (408) 279-2070 to learn more about our collision repair services.
From anti-lock brakes and side-curtain airbags to adaptive headlights and blind-spot warning systems, automotive safety has come a long way in the last few decades. But without a doubt, one of the most effective and important safety innovations is the crumple zone. The crumple zones, or crush zones, are areas of the vehicle that are designed to absorb most of the energy of impact. While this may mean extensive collision repair work, it also means that you can walk away from a crash with fewer injuries than you would have had if you were driving in the time before the crumple zone was invented.
To help you appreciate this innovative safety feature, here is a closer look at the science behind crumple zones and how they minimize occupant injury during an automotive collision.
- How Crumple Zones Work – Whenever a car is involved in a crash, intense amounts of kinetic energy are transferred between it and the vehicle or object with which it collides. Crumple zones are designed to reduce the initial force of the crash and redistribute this force before it reaches the vehicle’s occupants. The materials that make up the crumple zone are less rigid than the materials they surround, which means that they are able to crumple in on themselves and redistribute the force of the collision before it reaches the vehicle’s occupants.
- Where Crumple Zones are Located – Crumple zones are primarily located in and around the areas of a vehicle that are most prone to collisions, namely the front and rear. Front and rear body panels are designed to fold together like an accordion or concertina to progressively slow the impact down and redistribute the force of the collision. Collapsible steering columns are another important component of a vehicle’s crumple zone, as a stiff and rigid steering column can be deadly in a head-on collision.
If you are ever involved in a collision, stop by Michael J’s Body Shop to have your vehicle’s crumple zones repaired. We provide the high-quality collision repair services at both of our state-of-the-art body shops in San Jose, California. Call (408) 279-2070 to learn more about our collision repair services today.
Before you buy your new luxury car, read this article to see how safe it actually is.The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has released a new front crash test that is tougher than crash tests from the past. Only three of 11 luxury sedans passed the new, stringent test. The new test is meant to mimic crashes into poles and other thin objects like trees, which account for 25% of crashes that end in injury or death. The only three cars to pass this test were the Acura TL, the Volvo S60, and the Infiniti G Series. Cars that fell into the marginal or poor rating categories included the Acura TSX, BMW 3 series, Lincoln MKZ, Volkswagen CC, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Lexus IS 250/350, Audi A4, and Lexus ES 350. The IIHS hopes that this new test will force auto makers to focus on areas of the car that are still dangerous for drivers.
If you suffer the unfortunate experience of being in a car wreck of any type, bring your car to Michael J’s Body Shop of San Jose to have it looking and driving like new. Visit our website, or call us at (408) 279-2070 for more information.
When it comes to auto body shops that stay on top of changes, Michael J’s Auto Body Shop is right at the top, which is why AutobodyNews.com decided to interview our very own Rich Villanueva on why YouTube is a valuable sales tool for body shops. Rich knows that social media is crucial to meeting clients where they are and has made being available and accessible a priority. YouTube has been a great way to show off our office at our work at Michael J’s, as you can see in the following video.
At Michael J’s we have worked to put ourselves out there so you can find our services when you need us. For more information about Michael J’s Body Shop , watch our YouTube videos or read our fantastic reviews. You can also give us a call at (408) 279-2070 for more information.
We’ve recently talked about the reasons why it’s so important to choose a quality auto body repair shop . We’ve also covered the best ways to avoid ever needing to make a trip to one. Find out more about what to look for in a good shop, as well as how to avoid an automotive accident.
- AOL Autos talks about what ASE and I-CAR certifications are, and why they shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Find out about the top 10 safe driving tips , and why driving safely is so important.
- Take a look at some red light-running facts and learn how to improve your defensive driving skills.
- The National Highway Traffic Administration offers this guide to spotting and avoiding aggressive driving.
- See why seat belts are among the most effective safety precautions when driving.
Contact Michael J’s Body Shop at (408) 279-2070 for more information on collision and body repair.
Michael J’s Body Shop is happy to announce the newest addition to our partnership with the Del Grande Dealer Group. In addition to our VIP Purchase Program, we now offer on-site collision repair estimates at your local Del Grande dealership. When you side with Michael J’s Body Shop and the Del Grande Dealer Group you can rest easy knowing that you are in good hands.
Michael J’s Body Shop of San Jose is happy to service all of your collision repair needs. To schedule your appointment stop in or give us a call at (877) 793-5195.
When it comes to auto body repair , finding a proper shop to perform your repairs is essential. The body and structure of a vehicle not only affect the appearance of the vehicle, they also play an integral role in the entire performance of any automobile. Read through the following reasons why finding a trusted and certified repair shop is so important.
Having body or collision repair work done at an inferior shop often has a cheaper initial cost. The problem is that this lowered cost is due to a lack of quality in materials or workmanship, or sometimes both. These issues will surface later on and the cost of the original repairs added to those for a new, proper repair will often far exceed the price to have the work done well the first time.
Low-cost work on vehicles that have suffered extensive damage will often times leave the vehicle unsafe. Structural damage needs to be repaired in a very precise manner. Poor appearance, pulling, rattling, squeaking, and a number of other problems are common results of poor workmanship or materials.
When looking for the right shop, quality customer service is just as important as the work being performed. Complementary services such as rental car assistance, pickup, and extended hours are among the many ways Michael J’s makes the process easier on the customer. Using OEM parts, working with all insurance companies, providing mobile estimates, and offering bilingual assistance are benefits that go beyond just good service.
Finding automotive shops that truly care about the customer and the vehicle that needs repairs is sometimes a challenge. Look for shops with warranties on the work and parts they provide. Check the reviews of shops that are up for consideration. It’s easy to get a sense of how a shop works just by talking to them, and seeing how they treat you as a customer. ASE and I-CAR certifications are just another way Michael J’s makes the choice easy.
Michael J’s Body Shop backs all their work with a written lifetime warranty so that every job performed is guaranteed perfect. Talk to the friendly staff on the phone at (408) 279-2070.
- holiday safety
- Auto Safety
- Auto detailing
- Road Tar
- Auto Tips
- Car Paint
- Body Shop
- Car Alignment
- Car accident
- Auto Body Shop
- Collision Repair Shop
- Pothole Damage
- Car Paint Damage
- Paintless Dent Removal
- Auto Paint
- Collision Coverage
- Michael J's Body Shop
- Automotive Rust
- Cat Insurance
- Frame Straightening
- Auto Claim Adjustment
- Dent Repair