Minimizing the risk of an accident in a vehicle is every driver’s goal. There are many ways to do this, and improving driving habits is one of the best ways. Taking away the number of distractions in a vehicle is a huge step towards better safety. Mobile phones have become one of the biggest distractions no matter how they’re being used, but now there is a solution.
Car Home is an Android application that helps remove the hassle of phone use during driving. The application gives the driver easy access to functions such as navigation, music, and calling by grouping them all into one easy-to-access screen. It also adds voice-command functionality for a top-of-the-line hands-free experience. Remember to use your app with voice commands from a car phone cradle for safe driving.
If your vehicle has suffered any type of damage, bring it into Michael J’s Body Shop of San Jose to have it looking and driving like new. Visit our website, or call us at (408) 279-2070.
The best way to avoid taking a trip to the collision repair center is by improving your driving habits and practicing defensive driving. Simply following the common rules of the road and being a good driver will help avoid accidents, but not everyone is a good driver. This is where defensive driving becomes especially important for anyone driving a vehicle. Learn about some of the important ways to drive defensively below.
To react quickly and safely to all the changing conditions of the road, one must always be fully aware. Staying vigilant on the road is the necessary foundation for becoming a proper defensive driver. An important tip that race car drivers use is to look higher, and see the entire road ahead, not just the vehicle ahead. When changing lanes, knowing what is to the sides and behind the vehicle is also just as important as checking blind spots.
Distractions of any type are among the leading causes for accidents. Passengers, phones, food, drinks, music devices, or anything that takes attention away from the road makes driving much more dangerous. The fact that other drivers may be subject to these same distractions is another reason why staying aware of your surroundings is so important. Avoiding driving when drowsy, or while under the influence of any substance is vital as well.
Road rage and frustration are both large contributors to dangerous road behavior. If others on the road are driving poorly or traffic is causing frustration, don’t allow it to stress you out. Keep calm and give reckless drivers extra space.
Running red lights , rolling through stop signs, and speeding are all major reasons for crashes and excessive damage. Speeding reduces the amount of time a driver has to react, increases the time it takes to come to a stop, and increases damage done during a collision.
Michael J’s Body Shop is there to help if your vehicle is ever involved in an accident, or just needs touch-up work performed. Call us at (408) 279-2070 for more information.
In 2009 stunt drivers pulled off astounding maneuvers in a fleet of Cadillac CTS-Vs for thousands of spectators at Shanghai’s Formula 1 Circuit. Watch the video for all of their daring feats and share your favorite stunt from Cadillac V day in the comments!
Note: Professional drives on a closed course. Do not attempt any stunts performed in this video.
If you have attempted some stunts that were above your skill level and find yourself in need of collision repair call Michael J’s Body Shop of San Jose at (408) 279-2070.
Trust your vehicle’s body damage to Michael J’s Body Shop . Our talented technicians can help restore your car with expert care and years of auto body repair experience.
- These tips from MSN Autos help parents to keep their teen drivers safe over summer.
- Learn more about vehicles with a unibody construction with this CarFax.com report.
- Ford Motor Company provides a list of helpful tips for teaching a teenager to drive.
- CarsDirect.com can help determine if their vehicle is a “total loss” after an accident.
- Avoid these problematic driver’s education strategies when teaching your teen.
Call us at (408) 279-2070 or check out these car repair resources if you have more questions about getting your vehicle back in shape.
Parents are a great resource for teens when it comes to learning the rules of the road and developing confidence behind the wheel. After years of experience, you will have plenty of experience to help your teen learn to drive, but it is always good to have a few reminders. Reduce risks for auto body damage during your teen driving experience by following these auto safety tips.
- Discuss The Lesson: Successful athletes always visualize their success before beginning their game. Similarly, your student driver should have a clear mental picture of their driving route and plans for improving his driving skills. These instructions ensure the teen driver isn’t guessing about their destination or taking risky turns out of confusion.
- Take Your Time: Anxiety and stress can be, in a sense, contagious; stay calm to keep your teen relaxed. Avoid becoming frustrated if your teen doesn’t catch on to instructions right away. Instead, encourage your teen to focus on correct mechanics and memorize the basics. This measured learning process will produce a safer teen river.
- Prioritize Defensive Driving: Driver’s education classes teach your child how to avoid auto collisions and steer clear of the risks of the road. Parents can reinforce these safety skills by incorporating them into their instruction. Remind your child to check blind spots, signal on every turn, and keep her eyes on the road.
- Remove All Distractions: Parents should take extra time to ensure their vehicle is distraction free. Have teen drivers shut off their cell phones, put away their iPods, and shut off the radio. This distraction-free environment will help your driver focus on the road and increase their reaction time. Plus, parents can lead by example by keeping their attention focused on their teen’s performance.
A good auto body shop can help you take care of the bumps and scrapes that can accompany the student driving experience. Contact Michael J’s Body Shop in San Jose at (408) 279-2070 for small fixes and a full auto body repairs .
Celebrate The Fourth of July in Style – Click for a List of the Best Fourth of July Fireworks in San Jose
Nothing says Fourth of July like a fantastic fireworks shows. Michael J’s Body Shop has rounded up a list of the best Fourth of July fireworks shows in San Jose. Click on one of the links below for more information!
We hope you and your family have a safe and fun Fourth of July! Both of our San Jose auto body shops will be closed for the holiday, but normal business hours will resume on Thursday.
- holiday safety
- Auto Safety
- Auto detailing
- Road Tar
- Auto Tips
- Car Paint
- Body Shop
- Car Alignment
- Car accident
- Auto Body Shop
- Collision Repair Shop
- Pothole Damage
- Car Paint Damage
- Paintless Dent Removal
- Auto Paint
- Collision Coverage
- Michael J's Body Shop
- Automotive Rust
- Cat Insurance
- Frame Straightening
- Auto Claim Adjustment
- Dent Repair