Have you ‘liked’ Michael J’s Body Shop’s Facebook page yet? If not, you are missing out on the chance to win two tickets to the SOLD OUT Stanford vs Notre Dame football game on Saturday, November 26th.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to witness this rivalry, first-hand! We will announce the winner on Facebook on Friday, November 18.
Click here to visit Michael J’s Body Shop Facebook page .
No matter where you live in the United States, November and December are notoriously known for inclement weather. From snow and rain to sleet and hail, the next few months will surely test even the most experienced drivers. Fortunately, a bit of preparedness goes a long way when it comes to driving in less than perfect weather. Read on for a few driving tips that will keep you safe and your car out of the body shop :
- Regularly check your tires to ensure that they are properly inflated to the correct air pressure. This will help your vehicle retain traction on wet and slippery roads.
- Whenever you find yourself driving in inclement weather, be sure to leave at least triple the stopping distance you would usually need to avoid a rear-end collision.
- If you begin to hydroplane, then do not break or steer. Instead, remove your foot from the accelerator until you feel your tires regain contact with the road.
- During a rain storm, try to stay toward the middle lanes if possible. Water tends to pool in the outside lanes and can increase your chances of hydroplaning.
- Never drive through flooded areas. It only takes six inches to reach the bottom of most passenger cars, at which point water may cause your engine to malfunction or your tires to completely lose traction.
- Don’t overdrive your vision. To measure this, see if you can stop before the farthest point on the pavement or asphalt that you can see. If you cannot, then you need to slow down.
While these tips will certainly help you avoid a collision during inclement weather, it’s impossible to avoid accidents altogether. If you are involved in an automobile accident, then visit Michael J’s Body Shop, San Jose’s preferred auto body repair shop for over 20 years. To learn more about our collision repair services, contact us online or call (408) 279-2070.
If you still haven’t decided where to take the kids this Halloween to celebrate, take a look at our recent post that lists the best family-friendly Halloween activities in San Jose .
We have you covered – from haunted houses to safe trick-or-treating locations. Make this year fun and safe with your little ghouls and goblins. Happy Halloween from Michael J’s Body Shop!
What are you planning for your kids this Halloween? Michael J’s Body Shop has put together a list of some of the best and most popular pumpkin patches and family-friendly Halloween activities in San Jose and surrounding areas. Happy haunting!
First of all, did you know San Jose was named the fourth best city in the country for trick-or-treating?
Take a look at the best five neighborhoods in the San Jose area to take your ghouls and goblins trick-or-treating this year.
- Cambrian Park
- Willow Glen
- Rose Garden
- Almaden Valley
- Santa Teresa
Boo-tiful Downtown Willow Glen
Downtown Willow Glen’s local businesses will open their doors for trick-or-treaters on Halloween day from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Get your costume and head over to Lincoln Ave. between Minnesota and Coe
Click here for more information.
Mommy and Me Kids Club: Halloween FamilyFest and Trick-or-Treat
Join Santana Row for their FREE Kids club: Mommy & Me and Daddies too! This special edition Mommy & Me takes place the last Tuesday of the month in celebration of Halloween! Meet in Park Valencia, in front of Starbucks, and enjoy live entertainment, arts & crafts, balloon animals, face painting and more!
Also, throughout the whole month of October, kids are encouraged to dress up and trick-or-treat up and down the Row!
Click here for more information.
- Pumpkin Patch
Want to experience the fun of picking out your very own pumpkin? Check out the Spina Farms Pumpkin Patch. Located at the corner of Santa Teresa Blvd and Bailey Ave, the Spina Farms Pumpkin Patch is open all through October. Hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Admission is free with free parking. Spina Farms also has a train ride, hay ride and a new petting zoo!
- Not-Too-Scary Haunted House
The Winchester Mystery house has lots going on this Halloween season, including a Halloween Flashlight Tour that is tame enough for children of all ages. The tours are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from now until Halloween.
- Haunted Adventure
Great American Halloween Haunt is the perfect choice for older kids. With haunted attractions like the Gauntlet, Underworld Alley and the all-new Dead Man’s Cove, there is never a shortage of fright. Halloween Haunt also has mazes, rides and all sorts of creepy and strange shows. Open every weekend in October from 7:00 p.m. to midnight.
Did you know that you have the legal right to choose which body shop repairs your vehicle following an accident? For more information about selecting a body shop and keeping your car looking great, check out these great resources from around the Web:
- For more information about what steps you should take after a car accident , check out this article.
- This guide will help you navigate the complicated collision repair process after an auto accident .
- Head over to Edmunds.com for some tips for choosing the right auto body shop .
- Check out this article from Autos.com for more information about the essential supplies that you need when washing and waxing a car .
- This article offers information about how to remove bird droppings from your car.
For more information about auto body repair , contact Michael J’s Body Shop at (408) 279-2070.
The events following an automobile accident can be extremely overwhelming. One of the most important issues to address is where you will have your vehicle repaired. While your insurance company may recommend a particular body shop or collision repair center , the choice ultimately lies in your hands. In fact, it’s your legal right to choose the shop that repairs your vehicle. If you are unfamiliar with the body shops in San Jose , then here are a few things to consider when selecting one to repair your vehicle:
- Speed: Choose an auto body repair shop that has the equipment, experience, and facilities to complete your repair in a timely fashion. After all, the faster your car is repaired, the faster you can get back on the road.
- Warranty: Make sure that the body shop offers a written lifetime warranty on all the repairs made to your vehicle. With a written lifetime warranty, there is no need to worry about the quality of the repair.
- Variety: Select an auto body repair shop that offers complete body work, including front end, rear end, and side door repair. Additionally, look for a shop that has the equipment and experience to properly straighten your frame.
- Quality: Finally, look for an auto body shop that specializes in color-matching. It may seem simple enough, but there is a reason that quality shops employ trained color-matching specialists.
After an automotive accident, choose Michael J’s Body Shop for all your auto body repair services. No matter which company your vehicle is insured with, you can count on Michael J’s to deliver a smooth and hassle-free collision repair experience. To learn more, call (408) 279-2070.
- holiday safety
- Auto Safety
- Auto detailing
- Road Tar
- Auto Tips
- Car Paint
- Body Shop
- Car Alignment
- Car accident
- Auto Body Shop
- Collision Repair Shop
- Pothole Damage
- Car Paint Damage
- Paintless Dent Removal
- Auto Paint
- Collision Coverage
- Michael J's Body Shop
- Automotive Rust
- Cat Insurance
- Frame Straightening
- Auto Claim Adjustment
- Dent Repair