Accidents happen. In fact, they happen all the time. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are nearly 5.8 million traffic crashes in the United States each year. While you can drive defensively and take all the precautions in the world, you never know when you’ll be involved in an automobile accident.
The C.A.R. – Car Accident Report app for iTunes or iPhone helps you collect and organize all necessary information following an accident via an innovative user interface. With C.A.R., you can easily collect vehicle information, capture location details, and collect witness information through built-in multimedia utilities.
After all the necessary information has been collected and the proper authorities have been contacted, give Michael J’s Body Shop a call at (408) 279-2070. With over 20 years of experience in the auto body repair business, Michael J’s will have you back on the road in no time.
Everyone likes to talk about new car smell, but more important than that is the new car look . After all, you see a car well before you smell the interior. While you may think it’s impossible to keep your vehicle looking as good as it did the day it rolled off the lot, it’s much easier than you might imagine. In addition to a few cleaning products and materials, all it takes to keep your car looking great is patience, dedication, and a keen eye:
- Regular Washing and Waxing: The easiest way to keep your car looking its best is by washing and waxing it on a regular basis. Besides being unsightly, dirt and dust can wreak havoc on your vehicle’s paintjob. But remember: Only use dedicated car wash products. Detergents, dish soap, and other household cleaning products contain chemicals that are harmful to your vehicle’s paint job and finish.
- Remove Corrosive Material ASAP: Bird droppings are an extremely familiar sight for the urban driver. Unfortunately, bird droppings are also extremely damaging to your vehicle’s paintjob. To keep your car looking like new, remove any bird droppings as soon as you see them. Other corrosive materials and substances include soft drinks, motor oils, and eggs.
- Fix Dents and Scratches: Depending on the size and severity of the damage, you may be able to avoid professional auto body repair and fix the damage yourself. For instance, if a mark appears to be from rubber or plastic, then it may come off easily with an aerosol tar or adhesive remover. More stubborn marks can often be removed with acetone or lacquer thinner on a soft, microfiber cloth. For larger dents and scratches, stop by your local body shop.
To keep your car looking its best, stop by Michael J’s Body Shop . We have been providing the highest quality customer service to San Jose automobile owners for more than 20 years. Thanks to our state-of-the-art collision and auto body repair shop , we are capable of handling even the most difficult of auto body repairs. To learn more, please call (408) 279-2070.
Take Care of Your Car and it will Take Care of You! Learn More About Auto Maintenance With These Resources from our Recent Blogs
What is paintless dent repair? How often should you get an oil change? What does your car’s check engine light mean? Cars are complex machines, and as such, they come with a multitude of questions. If you’d like to learn how to keep your car in great shape, then check out these resources.
- For a quick overview on how paintless dent repairs work, as well as certain advantages to getting paintless dent removal , check out this article from eHow.com.
- MSN Autos has a more in-depth analysis on what paintless dent repairs are, and what they can fix.
- Yahoo! Autos has an article on how frequently you should get your oil changed , as well as compelling reasons for why oil changes are necessary.
- Some people might be tempted to ignore their check engine light . This article from Edmunds.com explains why this isn’t the best idea.
- This article from HowStuffWorks can help you look for signs that you need to check your brakes .
If you need auto body repair , then contact Michael J’s Body Shop. Call us at (408) 279-2070 to learn more about our collision repair services.
If you have relatively small dings on your car’s exterior, then you may be hesitant to bring it to an auto body shop for repairs. While you might think that the costs of repair will well exceed the potential benefits, the truth of that matter is that with paintless dent removal , dents can be fixed quickly and affordably. You won’t need to get your car repainted and it’s less expensive than traditional body repair. Here’s a brief overview on paintless dent removal:
What Can Be Fixed?
Paintless dent removal can fix any of the following:
- Dents ranging from minor dings to large dents.
- Vehicles from 1990 or later.
- Paint is not broken or cracked.
- A dent is not near the edge of a panel.
- A panel that has not had previous body repair.
Paintless dent removal can either make the dent virtually unnoticeable or it can repair the dent completely. After this quick process, your car will look and feel more appealing when you cruise down the open road.
How Is it Done?
Special tools are used for paintless dent removal. These tools can push the metal of the car back into its original shape by first reshaping the outer edge of the dent, then moving inward. Sometimes, trim pieces, window openings, or inner panels have to be removed to access the dent and perform paintless dent removal. This procedure typically only takes a few hours for small dents, which means that you should be back on the road the same day in a newer looking car.
What Are the Advantages of Paintless Dent Repair?
Paintless dent repair offers a few advantages over typical, exhaustive body work, including:
- No need to repaint.
- Less expensive than other kinds of body repair.
- Same-day service for most dents.
- No risk of bad color matching.
If you want to learn more about paintless dent removal, then visit us at Michael J’s Body Shop. We do collision repair and auto body repair in San Jose , and our technicians are trained in paintless dent removal. Call us at (408) 279-2070 so we can repair your vehicle today!
Nobody wants to think about car accidents, much less what to do immediately after a car accident. However, while you can’t avoid a car accident, you can still prepare yourself for how to act after an accident.
In this video, we learn the basics. Immediately put the car in park after an accident, turn on your emergency lights, and don’t leave the scene of the accident. Check yourself and your passengers for injury and then check the other vehicle’s passengers. After everyone’s wellbeing is ensured and you are well out of the way of traffic, inspect the cars for damages.
If you’ve recently had a car accident and you need to take your car into a body repair shop , visit us at Michael J’s Body Shop . Call us at (408) 279-2070 and find out about our collision repair services.
- holiday safety
- Auto Safety
- Auto detailing
- Road Tar
- Auto Tips
- Car Paint
- Body Shop
- Car Alignment
- Car accident
- Auto Body Shop
- Collision Repair Shop
- Pothole Damage
- Car Paint Damage
- Paintless Dent Removal
- Auto Paint
- Collision Coverage
- Michael J's Body Shop
- Automotive Rust
- Cat Insurance
- Frame Straightening
- Auto Claim Adjustment
- Dent Repair