Car Safety in San Jose
Automobile accidents are extremely common—in the United States, it is estimated that 10 million crashes occur each year, resulting in over two million injuries to drivers and passengers. Although most accidents are minor, they can result in damage to your car that requires attention from an auto collision repair center. Michael J’s Body Shop aims to provide fast, effective, and stress free collision repair in San Jose, from paintless dent repair to bumper repair and auto body paint.
Three Most Common Causes of Accidents
There are many conditions you may face while on the road. Knowing the most common causes of accidents can help you avoid a crash by making you aware of your risks and how to reduce them.
- Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of collisions. Never text while driving and avoid talking on the phone, eating, changing radio stations, or looking for directions while your car is in motion.
- Speeding and tailgating are significant risk factors for auto collisions. Obey posted speed limits at all times and maintain one- to two-car-lengths of distance between your front bumper and the rear bumper of the car in front of you.
- Weather can play a significant role in road conditions, often leading to an increased risk of accidents. Regardless of the posted speed limit, always drive according to the weather; slow down to a safer speed when roads are wet, icy, or otherwise difficult to navigate.
Post-Collision Car Safety Issues
After an accident or collision, it’s essential to have your vehicle professionally inspected at an auto body shop. Even if the damage to your car appears to be only cosmetic, there could be unseen damage to integral systems of your vehicle. If you’ve been in a minor or major accident, call Michael J’s Auto Body Shop today at (408) 279-2070 to schedule auto body repair in San Jose.
- Brakes are an essential component of your car’s safety system. If your brakes are damaged during a collision, repairs are needed immediately before your vehicle can be safely operated on the roads.
- Damage to your car’s suspension, steering, and alignment systems is typically impossible to detect upon a visual inspection. However, a damaged suspension or steering mechanism can affect both comfort and safety when driving, making prompt auto body repairs a necessity.
- Damage to your engine or to the fluid lines essential for its function may not be obvious following a collision. However, allowing your engine to continue functioning while damaged or deprived of the fluids it needs can lead to further engine damage or even leave you stranded while out on the road if your engine breaks down.
- Written lifetime warranty on all collision repairs
- Extended business hours (including Saturday)
- Reduced cycle time
- Cost-effective labor prices
- Free pick-up assistance
- Rental car assistance
- Bilingual capabilities
- Strong partnership with vendors
- Ability to e-mail repair estimates
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed